The emergency department is a front line venue for the delivery of emergency, trauma and critical medical care.
Emergency departments of Ummal Qura healthcare facilities are specialized in the delivery of acute care to the patients presented without prior appointment seeking Emergency or critical care(life saving services) such as Road traffic accidents, Severe hypertension, Diabetic ketoacidosis, Myocardial infarction, Emergency normal vaginal deliveries, management of comatose patients, sunstroke, different degrees of burned or injured patients. Our Emergency departments at all healthcare subsidiaries are operated round the clock. Our well qualified medical and paramedical staff are alert round the clock to receive all kind of traumatic and life-threatening conditions.
We do the Triage which is normally the first stage the patient passes through, which consists of a brief assessment including a set of vital signs, assignment of a “chief complaint” (e.g. chest pain, abdominal pain, dyspnea…etc.), the case is managed accordingly under the supervision of a well qualified healthcare practitioners of various levels of specialists and consultants.
In addition to the basic emergency department services we also provide a set of various interventional procedures such as :
- various interventional procedures such as :
- Removal/insertion of silicon urinary catheter with complete care
- Removal/insertion of Nasogastric tube with complete care
- Gastric lavage
- Nebulization with medications
- Fleet enema administration
- Abdominal fluid tapping for histopathology
- Ascetic tapings
- Chest intubation
- Suprapubic catheterization
- Cosmetic suturing
- POP cast at different levels
- Back slabs and Skin traction Thomas