Significant activities and Processes performed exclusively by the department /service:
Our PEADIATRICS OPDs are providing its services round the clock. The services are provided within our defined scope of services. Our department is fully equiped with all the necessary equipments.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children.
- Examine children regularly to assess their growth and development.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
- Examine patients or order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis.
- Advise patients, parents or guardians, and community members concerning diet, activity,
- hygiene, and disease prevention.
We see the stable cases usually but sometimes the serious cases are also presented in OPD.
The serious cases are immediately shifted to ER for initial evaluation, investigation and initial
management is done there.
We provide the evaluation of chronic illnesses and to debilitated patients and also advice further
management and treatment.
We pay special attention for Hemolytic problems of neonate and children. We first fully
investigate the patient and then take necessary steps.
The Newborns are examined wthin the few hours of the Delivery in the OPD. Complete checkup
is carried out in the OPD paying special attention to the congenital anomalies.
Vaccination of the Newborn is also carried out at the same time.
We also provide service for ear piercing of the children in OPD.
Vaccination is also provided to the Children.
All information regarding the vaccination schedule, their complication, or any side effects is given
to the parents. Complete checkup of the children is done before giving the vaccination.
We pay special attention to the Malnourished children.We have regular plan for diet instrutions
and treatment of the micro and macro nutrients deficiencies.
Routine treatments of Upper and Lower Respiratory Tract Infection and the Gastrointestinal
Tract Infection are dealt with the help of appropriate investigation. Serious patient and those
who need admission are referred to the specialized centers/ hospitals.
Notification of the Infectious Disease at presentation and also on weekly basis is done from the